Ohio's LARGEST WINTER RESORT
a short drive from columbus, dayton and Lima
Located between Bellefontaine & Marysville, Ohio just off Route 33.
The resort opened in 1962 and 17/18 will mark our 56th season of operation. In addition to the most expansive skiable terrain in the state, Mad River Mountain is home to Ohio's largest snowmaking system. Our 120+ fan guns have the ability to pump over 7000 gallons of water per minute, covering 100% of our terrain in as little as 72 hours. This ensures that no matter what your backyard looks like, ours is white.
Which is why we say at Mad River Mountain, "Every day is a snow day!"
- 1,460 ft. mountain elevation
- 300 ft. vertical drop
- 144 skiable acres
- 20 Trails
- 12 lifts including 6 chair lifts, 2 handle tows, 1 rope tows, and 3 surface carpet lifts
- 4 Terrain Parks (one for all abilities) including#1 Midwest Park Capital Park
OUR FACILITY FEATURES:
- A Ski & Snowboard School Learning Center
- National Ski Patrol
- Avalanche Tubing Park -
- Ten - 1000' Lanes (Ohio's Largest Tubing Park)
- A Slopeside Equipment Rental featuring over 700 pairs of skis / or snowboards
- The Largest Ski Lodge in Ohio featuring a bar, retail space, cafe, and group space.
- Live Music Venue
- Day & New Seasonal Lockers
- Vending Machines
MAD RIVER MOUNTAIN IS A SUBSIDIARY OF PEAK RESORTS
Midwest Ski Areas:
- Alpine Valley (Chesterfield, OH)
- Boston Mills / Brandywine (Peninsula, OH)
- Paoli Peaks (Paoli, IN)
- Snow Creek (Westin, MO)
- Hidden Valley (Wildwood, MO)